Tuesday, October 25, 2005

DUH!

Oh brother! Thank you Laura for letting me know that my post did actually publish. I expected it to publish above the pictures so I didn't see it under them. For those of you that have no idea what I'm talking about... Never mind. Just be sure you scroll down below the strange pictures to get the story of those photographs.



As I type this I'm a bit distracted by the Astros/Sox game. I talked with Rebecca (my sister) and she just couldn't get over the fact that I watch ball games and drink beer when I do but here it is, my confession: I am a baseball fan. I stay up late and watch extra innings, I talk about pitchers and batting averages, I even try to schedule important meetings early on game nights so I can get home to watch the game. Football holds nothing for me, I don't care for it at all, hockey is a bit too violent, basketball I haven't watched since the Chicago Bulls were worth watching, golf is for Sunday naps, soccer is pretty cool but we never watch (and when we do it's usually in Spanish), and tennis is only fun to watch in movies. But I really like baseball. In truth, Jeremy and I are both Cubs fans but as long as the Cubs aren't playing the Astros, we're pretty hard core Astros fans too(besides, the 'Stros did beat St. Louis! Sorry Grandma!). This post-season has been really exciting. Hard to believe we're rooting against a team that has "Chicago" on their jerseys but we are cheering Astros fans these days. And here we are in Houston, game 3 in the world series, Astros are down 2 games but we're tied in the bottom of the 9th, Houston up to bat. Shoot, the Sox just walked Berckman- wise move on their part but it's not very nice. Ugh, now we're going into the 10th inning. Hopefully it won't be another 18 inning game but who cares as long as we win!



Ok, I'm done with the baseball talk... I'll try to be back tomorrow, I do have more to update you all on. Don't forget to let us know how you are doing.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Long Family said...

Sorry about the Astros, but they're playing an Illinois team. What do you expect? If you're still speaking to me send me your method of baking potatoes. Thanks! Love ya! Becky

6:39 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

You know Becky, if only being an Illinois team was enough... just ask the Cubs. And yeah, I'm still speaking to you, I like you better than the Astros so I'll forgive you. :-D Baked Potatoe method is on the way!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home