Friday, February 24, 2006

Living for Comments

Ok, far more people read this blog than I thought and for the record, reading a blog and never commenting is not cool! Even if it's just a little half of a line comment, acknowledging that you read and enjoyed or hated the blog is a polite thing to do in the world of blogging. You don't have to do it every time but once in a while is nice. It's kind of strange when people mention in conversation that they saw something on the blog but then they never say "hi" there. Yes, I know, we are putting ourselves out there for just anybody to read and plenty of people we don't know come across our blog now and then but most of you know us and we'd like to hear from you too. It can be fun when comments start coming in and a real conversation gets started about a topic. It can also be fun just for you to share what's going on in your lives as well. You don't have to have a blogger account to comment, I have enabled "anonymous" comments- just leave your name at the bottom of your comment unless, for some reason, you don't want us to know who you are. I heard once that part of the point of blogging is to get comments and a bloggers day is made when somebody makes a comment on their site- I know this is true for us! Bloggers live for comments.


For those of you that do comment, thanks, we love it! And those of you that e-mail, we appreciate that too (try commenting once though...). The rest of you, give commenting a try and our communication can (kinda) become a two way street. Once you do it can be hard to stop!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want it, you got it.

Happy?

8:48 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I have a feeling I'm going to regret this... ;-)

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah so I read it and do not leave comments. Blah.

So what would you do for a Klondike bar?

Paul

8:14 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Yeah Paul, you're not the only one but at least Amy makes a comment from time to time. Ghost readers stink. :-P

9:44 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Well, since actually staying online would require getting rid of my children, I guess I'll have to be ok with the lack of comments from you then. ;-) Maybe we could go with this, you don't have to comment if you start blogging at least once a week...
:-D

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen! I am down to maybe 1 comment a post and yet I have people come up to me at church and say.."oh I read on your blog..." And when people say they "blog for themselves" yet the writing style is obviously written to an audience that really bugs me!!

I try to comment often...however I will make sure I comment more often cause it can be quite frustrating

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Jess (& while I'm at it, JEREMY, since this particularly applies to you, heh) - you guys return e-mails and I'll post comments. : P

It's been a while since I checked in so cut me a little slack.

I AM NOT A LURKER - I AM A HUMAN BEING!!

Wally

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home