Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Pet Peeves

  • Weeds seem to be the only things that grow really well in extreme heat.
  • The guys that mow our lawn keep cutting back plants I actually want to grow! Weeds, fine, plants planted intentionally in a flower bed, NOT fine.
  • Missing shoes. Helena takes one shoe off in one part of the house and the other somewhere else. She's always missing a shoe.
  • My missing shoes. She likes to play in my shoes and take them off in random places, usually under something.
  • Malfunctioning blinkers- this happens a lot to the cars in Houston.
  • Coming to a stop to make a right turn even when there is no signal that this is necessary. (I can't even pretend that this is a problem with the car... WHY ARE WE STOPPING?!)
  • "I'm hungry!" 20 minutes after a great meal.
  • The peanut butter jar being left out with the lid off (Jeremy doesn't do that any more)
  • "You never...!" and "You always...!" Why do people ALWAYS say NEVER?
  • Politicians.
  • "Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy." Say my name once please.
  • Cutting (as in just plain mean) comments in blogs.
  • "Worship" meaning the music portion of a worship gathering.
  • Our PC.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

i think the people that stop to turn right when there is no sign are holding a very full, very hot cup of coffee between their legs and don't want to spill it. that is the only reason i can come up with.

all PC's are a pet peeve because i prefer Mac and PC's just don't make any sense to me... i'm spoiled. i can work on a PC if i have to, but why? to make it more annoying, our PC has issues.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever see that 80s movie Licence to Drive? If so, then it made your coffee cup theory all the richer. If not, go rent it. It's worth the three bucks.

Btw - I knew of one church where "praise" was the song set of upbeat songs before the message, and "worship" was the song set of slower songs after the message. When you'd done both, you'd had a "praise and worship" service. It was classic.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Durand said...

It is disturbing how many people have missed worship, thinking it equalled music (and I'm a musician) like fellowship equals a potluck supper.

Bill's comment got my warped little mind going, so I expressed myself through a couple of minutes with photoshop. This one's for him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/
v232/durandrobinson/bothkinds.jpg

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God I didn't make the list... this time.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home