Friday, September 16, 2005

Mommy, I Funny You!

We're staying at the shelter again tonight, I'm on the office computer as I write this. It's hot but everyone is in good spirits and having fun and the girls are excited they get to stay up late. Jeremy made us cookies and one of the guests here cooked a fabulous dinner. Fridays are normally our family night, we've just expanded our family I guess.



Helena's sense of humor is developing and it's precious. Last night when we were putting the girls to bed, I went in for my usual good night kiss from Helena. She dodged me and then pretended to be asleep, complete with snoring. "Hey! Where's my kiss? You can't go to sleep without giving me a kiss!" I exclaimed as I moved in to smoother her in kisses. After the giggles settled down Helena looked at me with that content and loving look that two year olds have and said "Mommy, I funny you!" and gave me a big kiss and hug. Those little chubby arms wrapped around my neck and her soft cheek pressed against mine and then she whispered "I love you mommy." My chest tightened as my eyes misted and my hug lingered a little longer and a little tighter as I whispered back "I love you Helena." I wouldn't trade this for the world, not for the world.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grace and peace in the name of our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.
It's so great to read about all the good you are doing, and the many blessings that are being bestowed. I, too, enjoy to quite moments filled with love, in which you wish to linger just a little longer... "linger on, linger on," I say!
We miss you guys and think of you often.

In Servitude to Christ,

Don

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home