Monday, May 29, 2006

A Holiday?

Today is Memorial Day and all 5 of us have the day off together, which would be really nice. Except it's not. Because I have Strep throat. I feel like I'm dying every time I swallow and I sound like my throat is stuffed full of cotton. About once a year I end up with strep and a round of antibiotics. Last year it happened over a long weekend and I wasn't able to get treatment until 5 days into it and ended up with rheumatic fever, it took three different antibiotics to finally beat it out of my system. I wasn't about to let that terrible experience repeat its self so I had Jeremy call a doctor friend of mine from a church I consulted and he prescribed me some kick-butt antibiotics. Yeah, I know, it's not good to take antibiotics for Strep without a throat culture, but seriously, I've had Strep and viral sore throats enough times to be able to tell the difference and I wasn't about to go down the road I did last year. So today I've been laying on the couch, sleeping, drinking the coldest drinks I can find, and complaining about feeling terrible. The girls and Jeremy have been taking care of me and cleaning house. I'm actually writing a complaining blog post! Sorry. Not exactly the fun filled Memorial Day we had planned. Oh well! Hope your long weekend was better than ours and I pray that you were able to take a little time to remember our veterans.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for your illness (and that Jeremy and the girls stay strep-free) and everything else that's going on in your lives. Praise God the dorection and discernment He will no doubt provide. You know I have always believed that you and Jeremy have a very important role to play and it seems those things are coming to fruition.

Sorry for stealing Jeremy for so long today [sheepish look]. Forgive me?

Wally

2:54 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks for the prayers, you are in ours as well.

No, I'm glad you and Jeremy had time to chat today and it wasn't like I was up for much anyway, just laying on the couch feeling sorry for myself.

Thanks for all the encouragement and support! Hope we can get together soon.

Peace,

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica,
I hope you are feeling better. I know it takes a bit for anitbiotics to kick in, but hopefully the pain is going down. I realized that if you want some time to just rest, the girls and Jeremy could come over to our apartment for dinner tomorrow or Thursday. Let me know. Oh, and for our Memorial Day fun see my blog.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home