Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Favorite Quotes from Candidate Orientation

I did actually get a hole-in-one at the putt-putt game on Wednesday evening but the rest of the time I just goofed off. Ok, I was goofing off then too but hey, at least I got a hole-in-one!













“I’m sure you have a question, you always have questions.” (Dave Zehr to Jessica after a moment of silence waiting for questions at the end of one session.)



“How do you count?” (Ken Rudeen to Noelle Heber while playing minture golf.)



“If you hit the ball again while it’s still rolling it’s not another stroke, is it?” (Jessica to putt-putt team.)



“I don’t like trying new things.” “Really? Then being a missionary might be an interesting challenge to take on.” (Two missionary candidates discussing going to the Moroccan Restaurant.)



“I had a bad experience with Indian food once, for a week.” (Paul Barbosa objecting to the Moroccan Restaurant.)



“What is that smell?” “Jeremy’s chicken.” (Our table at the Moroccan Restaurant.)



“I didn’t actually mean for her to put it on her head!” (Paul Barbosa after the waitress balanced a cup on her forehead while pouring hot tea into it.)



“I don’t know if I’ll be able to get up now.” (From the floor of the Moroccan Restaurant.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A photo that looks like a bunch of asparagus" Bill Bennett

8:27 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

That was a great quote! I had forgotten about that one. And we totally have that picture too, it's down below somewhere.

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home