Friday, August 26, 2005

This Is My Love

My love is mine, and I am his.
My dear lover glows with health- red-blooded, radiant!
He's one in a million.
There's no one quite like him!


His words are kisses, his kisses are words.
Everything about him delights me,
thrills me through and through!


That's my lover, that's my man.


Song of Songs 2:16a, 5:10 & 16-17


Tomorrow, Saturday, August 27th, 2005 is 9 years. His gift to me? Replacing the lost diamond from my wedding ring (no engagement ring) and having all of the gold prongs replaced on all three settings so I don't loose another diamond again. I love my ring. I've been without it for nearly 5 years because of loosing the diamonds. It has a story and we only know 9 years of it's story. Unique and unlike any other we've seen, we bought it in a pawn shop on Chicago Avenue and it's most likely a man's ring from around 1910- the gold is very soft (18K- thus loosing the diamonds, the prongs are now 14K) but very thick with intricate detailing. The Beautiful Ring. Jeremy's ring is also an unusual antique and our rings suit us well.


"This ring is meant to be a reminder of my unending love for you." -Jessica and Jeremy to one another on December 28, 1998 when we exchanged rings 4 months after we eloped in Chicago.


I love you Jeremy. I am the best version of myself when I am with you. You've given me strength, hope and courage beyond my wildest dreams. Thank you for being a Godly man. I've loved worshiping the One True Lord with you for the past 9 years. Even though I know I could live without you and that God's strength is exactly what I need, I would never choose to be without you. Though we were very young when we got married, I don't regret it for a moment and I'd do it all over again. Thank you for your love, I look forward to many more years to come. Happy Anniversary.


Everyone else- sorry. Please excuse me while I celebrate my husband and our marriage. I won't be so mushy next time. But gosh, I do love him.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home