Saturday, October 07, 2006

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like

Have you ever noticed the rest of the lyrics to that Queen song? It's kind of a cross between "Bicycle Built for Two" and Gershwin's "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" but on drugs. "
You say bark I say bite... You say Lord I say Christ... You say coke I say caine... You say smile I say cheese," yeah, a little bit high. But I love the chorus and I was singing it today!

Jeremy and I both got bikes this morning! Not exactly high quality, though I believe they may kind of have been once but they work (need some work too), were very cheap (yay church rummage sales!) and have already provided tons of fun. The bikes are kind of old fashioned: one looks like a beach cruiser, one speed and the other is similar but with thinner tires and three speeds. Today we have ridden primarily up and down our street enjoying the beautiful weather (yes, I did say beautiful weather and yes, we're still in Houston) in between our other various activities though we did venture off our street late this afternoon for a ride into our neighborhood. It was great! All of us getting out together on our bikes and working together to confront Lavinia's fears of starting and stopping without training wheels. It was a blast and with the weather cooling off (all the way down into the 80's- WOW!) we are going to enjoy many more bike rides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home